The average person's body will only dissolve and absorb 20% of most solid supplements and will eliminate the remaining 80%, possibly causing side effects such as constipation, gas and bloating. Because Floradix is a liquid solution and does not need to dissolve, 98%3 of the iron is available for quick potential absorption.
As a matter of fact, Floradix was found in a recent study to be faster and more effective at bringing iron stores back to normal than iron from food, and can help women boost the average diet, which contains only 8-10mg/day, in order to meet the recommended daily iron intake of 18mg.
Highly absorbable iron compounds Floradix boasts the highest possible iron absorption rate: up to 25% is absorbed for potential utilization (that's more than twice the absorption of other iron supplements or even dietary iron) due to its liquid format as well as the organically bound iron gluconate and co-factors.
Better absorption means you don't need to take as much. In a recent study, it was found that due to the high absorption rate of Floradix, very little unabsorbed iron enters into the intestinal tract and therefore constipation is unlikely to occur.
Adult dosage: Take 10 ml (1/2 capful) twice daily. For kosher use take 10 ml (1/2 capful) twice daily in a glass of water or fruit juice.
Children's dosage: under 2 years old: as directed by a physician. 2-4 years old: 1/5 the adult dosage. 5-9 years old: 1/4 the adult dosage. 10-14 years old: 1/2 the adult dosage.
per 10 ml: per ml:
Iron (from ferrous gluconate 87 mg) 10.0 mg 1.0 mg
Vitamin B1 (from thiamine hydrochloride) 2.5 mg 0.25 mg
Vitamin B2 (from riboflavin sodium phosphate) 4.0 mg 0.4 mg
Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxine hydrochloride) 2.0 mg 0.2 mg
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 7.5 mcg 0.75 mcg
In a non-medicinal base of:
Extracts of: carrot, nettle wort, spinach, couch grass root, angelica root, fennel seed, kelp, hibiscus flower, bitter orange peel.
Juice concentrates of: pear, black grape, black currant, orange, blackberry, cherry, red beet.
In a base of: honey, rosehip extract, wheat germ, yeast extract (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), natural flavour, purified water; ascorbic acid.