Goldenseal Liquid Herb has been specially formulated to help relieve digestive inflammation, infections and promote a healthy mucous membrane tissue. As a powerful bitter antibacterial and anti-fungal, Goldenseal Liquid Herb helps to alleviate infections and inflammatory conditions such as constipation, colitis, diarrhea and gas. [LIQUID]
Certified organic alcohol, distilled water.
- Antibacterial And Antifungal
- Relieves Digestive Inflammation, Infections, And Promotes A Healthy Mucous Membrane Tissue
- A Powerful Bitter
- Free From Gluten, Soy, And Dairy
- Ideal For Those Suffering From Constipation, Colitis, Diarrhea Or Gas.
Goldenseal works both inside and outside of the body to prevent and treat infection...
Goldenseal is most commonly used in combination with Echinacea for the treatment of common cold and respiratory infections. This herb was originally used by native North Americans for a variety of infectious complaints including those of the respiratory, urinary, and gastrointestinal tracts. In the herbal medicine community Goldenseal is known as the "king of the mucous membranes".
The major constituent of Goldenseal is berberine, and it is the source of Goldenseal's infection-fighting ability. Berberine has anti-microbial activity against viruses, fungi, parasites and bacteria.
Another constituent of Goldenseal is called hydrastine and is the component that relaxes smooth muscles. This is helpful to relieve coughs, intestinal and stomach spasms and decrease blood pressure. This makes Goldenseal useful in the treatment of the common cold, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), irritable bowel disease (IBD), and hypertension.
Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Mucous
Additionally, goldenseal has been found to decrease secretions and inflammation in mucous membranes. Thus it can be used for the treatment of: gastritis, inflammatory bowel problems, cystitis (bladder inflammation), sinusitis, bronchitis and rhinitis (nasal inflammation).
Because it reduces secretions from mucous membranes, and relaxes the muscles of the airway, Goldenseal can help to reduce the symptoms of the common cold. It is also rich in antimicrobial berberines, thus it can help to treat the cause of the cold at the same time.
Because of its strong taste and effects on mucous membranes, Goldenseal can also be used as a digestive bitter. Digestive bitters are herbal preparations that help to stimulate the digestive system and promote increase secretion of saliva, stomach acid, bile, and digestive enzymes.
How can I take Goldenseal?
Goldenseal can be purchased as a loose herb, encapsulated herb, tablets, extract or tincture. In general liquid preparations of goldenseal are stronger than dried preparations. Formulas often contain the whole plant but the root is where the most beneficial medicinal properties are found. Goldenseal is found in formulas for colds and flus, gastrointestinal infections, urinary tract infections and healing mucus membranes. It can be taken orally or applied topically for skin infections.
Goldenseal – Quick Facts
· Colds, Respiratory Infections, Stomach Ulcers, Skin Ulcers, Boils, Abscesses, Bladder Infections, Gastritis
· Topically Apply Tea Or Diluted Tincture To Area As Needed. Oral 500-1000mg Daily (Standardized To 2.5% Berberine And 1.5-5% Hydrastine). (Clinical Doses May Be Higher As Recommended By Your Practitioner).
Works Well With
· Echinacea, Colloidal Silver, Vitamin C, Bioflavinoids, Probiotics
· Because Of Its Strong Antimicrobial Effects, Goldenseal Use Should Always Be Followed By A Probiotic.
· Do Not Use Goldenseal If You Are Pregnant Or Nursing.
· Do Not Use For Long Periods Of Time.
· Extremely High Doses Can Cause Toxicity.
· Overdose Of Goldenseal Can Cause Low Blood Pressure, Slowed Heart Rate, Hallucinations And Delirium. Do Not Exceed Recommended Dosage.