Providing infants and children with a Liquid Vitamin D supplement is essential. It is difficult for infants to obtain the proper recommended dose of vitamin D through breast milk alone, because break milk contains only 10% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin D. Babies need vitamin D for healthy growth and development. Vitamin D is a vitamin and hormone that stimulates the body to absorb calcium, and it is needed to keep bones strong. People deficient in vitamin D levels tend to have more soft, thin bones, predisposing them to fractures.
How much vitamin D does a baby require?:
- Maintains bone, joint and muscle health
- Contains organic sunflower oil, increasing the bio-availability of vitamin D
- Supports the brain and nervous system
- Comes in a convenient fast absorbing liquid state
- Supports the health of mother and child during pregnancy and lactation
- Strengthens the immune system
Health Canada recommends that all breastfed, healthy term infants in Canada receive a daily vitamin D supplement of 10 ug (400 IU) or above. Vitamin D supplementation should begin at birth and continue until the infant’s diet includes as least 10 ug (400 IU) per day of vitamin D from other dietary sources.
Each serving/drop (0.03ml) contains:
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 12.5 mcg (500 IU)
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Sunflower oil
Recommended Infant & Child Dose :
Take 1 drop daily or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner. Shake well before use. Keep out of reach of children.